1.12.2013

All You Need is LOVE!

I love January and I love all the snow, but I am starting to get tired of all the gloominess! It will NOT stop snowing around here! So, I am already starting to think about February and Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's Day!! For this fun and *lovely* holiday my class will be doing activities from my V-day packet: All You Need is LOVE! Last year, my class loved the "Love Notes" most of all {with this activity they got to write nice compliments to their peers daily, but only when they finished their work} and I made this activity available to them all month. They also loved the "Love Monster Sacks" that they got to make for the Valentine exchange. I have already started to prepare a few things from this packet, so we can enjoy and learn from them all month long!
















This following activity, Measuring with Hearts, has just been added to this V-day packet! If you have already purchased this packet, then you can re-download it in your TpT dashboard!



What fun things do you do with your class in February?!

12 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the weather..I'm so ready for the cold to end. Your Valentine's Day packet looks great!

    Happy Saturday!

    Gladys
    http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids loved your Valentine pack last year. I love how the monster love bags turned out and they had so much fun writing each other notes! Thanks so much for all your hard work! I hope you get some nice weather soon. We are in the 70s today in Tennessee but it has rained all week and is supposed to rain next week. I would love a little of your snow to have a snow day!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And you can send some (not too much) of that snow down here! I wouldn't mind a snow day or two. Although we've been enjoying warmer weather which I prefer if it isn't going to snow.

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply love the name of this unit! :) Hope the snow stops some. We are in Ohio and had a 62* day today! Could get used to this kind of winter!

    Lauren
    Dynamic Duo 1 and 2

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used this Unit last year with my kids and they LOVED it! My 2nd graders who were my 1st graders this year are asking me if we are doing 'those fun Valentine's activities' again! =) Can't wait! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I used this last year with my first grade kiddos and they talked about it for the rest of the year! They loved the games (especially bingo), they adored writing love notes almost as I enjoyed reading them, and they love love loved their monster bags! Cutest things ever! Thank you! I can't wait to use it again this year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Lindsey! We bought this last year and just pulled it out. We were talking about how much our kiddos loved their lil monster sacks! Freaking out just a bit that Feb is upon us... Eeesh!
    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always sad when the holidays are over, but knowing the Valentine's day is right around the corner brings a smile to my face. It's the perfect holiday, pink and candy! How could you go wrong.

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids loved writing love notes back and forth last year! Can't wait to pull this out again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last year my students loved these activities and the bag was a huge hit! Thanks for adding the cute measurement resources! You're the best!
    Shannon Moyer
    The Teaching Reef

    ReplyDelete
  11. The love notes idea is so cute!
    I wanted to thank you for creating Reading Comprehension Two. It has helped my kids so much!!! Here is a link to how we have been using it so far :)
    Maribel
    http://www.learninginwonderland.com/2013/01/elements-of-literature.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to make the monster bags again, this year. They were SO stinkin cute last year, it totally cracked me up. They got in to accessorizing them in a big way!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love ♥

 
back to top