2.23.2011

we're A E I O U...

Have you heard that cute song from the Leap Frog - Talking Words DVD?
If you haven't you need to! I had my students watch it to review letter sounds.
It has a cute little song for vowels that goes like this:

We’re A-E-I-O-U,
We’re the vowels!
 We’re the glue,
To stick the words together,
We’re very sticky letters!

We’re very sticky,
very icky, sticky-icky letters!

While singing it, I have my students link their fingers together and pretend like they can’t get them apart (like they are so sticky, just like the vowel letters).

I also made some glue bottle vowels that stay up on the board all year long (I got the idea from my favorite teacher-friend down the hall from me). It's a great reminder for my students that the vowels are the letters that "stick the words together" (like glue)!


And guess what? I made some for you! These ones are much cuter than my original glue bottle vowels (in the picture above)... I might have to make myself some new ones...

Click the picture to download:

After you download this document, all you have to do is print them on white card stock,
cut out, laminate, and put magnets on the back.

ENjOY!

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! thanks for the download. :) I like your original glue bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! I will have to teach my kids that song! Thanks for the cute glue bottles!!

    Enter my Scarf Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! I am a fan of your blog and tagged it for the “Stylish Blog Award” on my page. Check out my blog to see what to do!

    http://kinderlovebn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this. I love them, and I have loved that song! In case you are interested, they make printable magnetic sheets, the same size as paper that are 8.5 x11 and you just run them through the printer. I used several sheets to print our class schedule that is on our board. I've had lots of teachers ask me about it. I think I may use those to print this. I can't remember if I got them at office depot or office max, but they come 5 in a pack. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this! I can't get enough of the Leap Frog DVDs (and neither can my students)! I can't wait to use this! Thanks for sharing!

    http://aintheclassroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO cute and very clever. I was thinking about doing an activity with my son where he had to had lick-and-stick vowels to fill in words (using jello DIY lick-and-stick stickers; instructions here: http://www.ehow.com/how_2245561_own-stickers.html). These adorable glue bottles would make perfect labels for our envelopes of stickers. Thank you for sharing! Stop by my blog sometime: www.deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it.... In my classroom we I put red food coloring in glue bottles for vowels and blue in another bottle for consonants..... the trace over the words with glue accoridngly.... when it dries it leaves a bump and the kids can feel the word when they spell it...... got this a LONG time ago from a mentor..... love your poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing these hanging all over peoples bloggy classrooms:) I decided to google them and found your blog!!! I ♥ them! And I'm your newest follower:) Thanks for sharing these!
    Little Warriors

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! Thanks so much for sharing them. I am going to print and hang up.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing the cute song and the glue bottle graphics.

    Sue
    theverybusykindergarten :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! I love the Leap Frog series :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love ♥

 
back to top